Tuesday, September 16, 2008

105th Day 4 - The Museum

We landed ashore in Milwaukee and decided to visit the Museum before heading to Chicago for a couple days, thinking that a Tuesday would be a lot less crowded than over the 105th weekend. We are glad we did, as we found out later the weekend time slots were entirely booked. We spent 2.5 hours doing the audio tour and it was pretty good. Lots of bikes and memorabilia.

Enjoy the pics!!






Steve & Jeff outside the Harley Davidson Museum in Milwaukee.














The actual #1 Motorcycle built by Harley Davidson in the shed out back. Purchased a few years after it was sold to the original owner in 1903.

















One small Gripe, as I walked the entire museum I did not see one Deuce, or any mention of the Softail Deuce that was intro'd in 2000 and and discontinued when the introduced the (IMHO) hideous Rocker, & Rocker C.

3 comments:

B.B. said...

Great pics, thanks for sharing. I hope to make it out there someday.

FLHX_Dave said...

That rocks a camel's hump and whoops a llama's ass! I can't wait until I get to grace that museum with my presence. lol. Thanks for the pict. I ripped that knucklehead picture from your site for astroglide purposes.

Thanks for the picts. I have moved the museum up on my list of things to do before I ride the sky.

One Harley Rider said...

it will take a little longer to view than Solvang - but it is worth it.