Friday, October 3, 2008

Man-a-mal and now Man-a-cycle

From the pages of WRM - while browsing the web I happened upon this picture - Can it be real? It sounds like it is real in the head of this designer anyway. Jake Make it happen in my Lifetime!

Art Center College of Design student Jake Loniak has designed a concept vehicle that, though seemingly lifted straight from a big-budget sci-fi movie, he claims could be produced today if the resources were available to him. The wearable motorcycle concept is called Deus Ex Machina and would seem to offer unparallel thrills to anyone brave enough to strap themselves in.
The three-wheeled exoskeleton is designed to be parked upright, allowing a driver to simply step in to the suit, and can adjust the position of its wheels to flatten its profile as speed increases. Powered by lithium-ion batteries and ultracapacitors, and controlled through the use of 36 pneumatic “muscles,” the concept would be able to hit 75 miles per hour when topped out.
Deus doesn’t exist as anything but a digital rendering yet, despite our fervent hopes to the contrary, but there is a short video of it in operation available through the link below.

2 comments:

FLHX_Dave said...

Thats insane! I know I would try it at least once. Don't think I would buy it. Where is the link to the vid?

Ann said...

That's pretty cool. I think I would definitely try it at least once. I can't find the link either.