Monday, June 16, 2008

My Political Observation

IRAN CRACKS DOWN !!!!!
I read 2 articles today on Governments cracking down on the social behavior of its citizens - Iran is arresting people that don't comply with religious dress codes established by the ruling authorities. As I read this I thought that I am so glad I live in America where we have personal freedoms .............. That was until I read the next article and drew the connection........................

Female police officer tells a woman
that her manto (overcoat) is too short
and infringes Iranian Islamic dress
rules. BUSTED!!!



NEW YORK CRACKS DOWN !!!
The State of New York (ruling authorities being the Federation of Tax Administrators) is cracking down on it's smoking citizens by levying a $2.75 per pack tax on cigarettes. ....................................................................

The punishment for not conforming to the ruling party's way is of course different, however, the act of forcing a behavior is an issue that can not be ignored. You can argue the severity of the sanction, but the outcome is the same.

What is next for US citizens? Tax on snack foods, Jail time if we don't exercise? Did the founding fathers establish government for this? I think not.

No comments: