Thursday, November 20, 2008

Vanishing Point - 2008 Style






If you are a fan of Muscle Cars and chase scenes, as I am - then who could forget the ultimate 70's chase flick staring Barry Newman as Kowalski. OK, I am dating myself ...... but back in the early 70's it seemed that I DATED myself quite often, if you know what I mean. (ooooh did I say that out loud?)


Anyway - there were many scenes from this movie that made an impression upon my teen mind.
Who can forget the "Chopper rider" as he race into his yard and dumped his chopper in the dirt in a hurry to help the star of the movie?


Or the Blind DJ that guided Kowalski on his coast to coast trip in his high speed 71 Challenger! Of course that actor, Clevon Little , went on to star in many films after Vanishing Point.





But as a mid-teen my favorite scene of the movie, as well as any young man my age, was that of the Nude Motorcycle Rider - Ms Gilda Texter. Gilda where are you????






All of this build up to say that I am beginning my trip on FRIDAY from Cold & SNOWY CleveLand ====>
and after a right turn onto I-77 (9 hours in the Saaaaaab Turbo) and a quick left to Pinehurst North Caakalacki I will be home for a week enjoying the company of my bride and friends and family for the Thanksgiving Holiday! I am sure to spend some time on the Deuce, as well as a round tearing up the golf course.

10 comments:

Big Daddy said...

Have a safe trip.........
And watch out for bulldozers;]

Robinbiker said...

Dear webmaster,

I have visited your blog, and have found it to be of a very high standard.

I wonder if you would like to have your own biker friends site? We can set it up for you at no cost if you have strong interest in work-at-home business.You can pick the name for your own biker friends site , and own the domainand brand. And we will set up the site and take care of all the backend. Including site design,engineering, hosting and customer service work...

You don't have to worry that no one exists at your biker friends site at the beginning. Your site will share hundreds of thousands of profiles with Bikerkiss.com. Your users can immediately contact hundreds of thousands of other users once they register at your biker friendship site.

We will pay you $30 for each sale you drive to the site.You can also choose to get $2 for each woman profile and $1 for each man profile.

What do you think of it? I am looking forward to your reply!

Regards

Robin
Marketing Manager
BikerKiss.com
Bikerkiss.affiliates@gmail.com
1-416-628-1072

Anonymous said...

maybe i need to see this movie...or just youtube that clip

13frain said...

One of my all time favorite flicks!
Delaney and Bonnie playing for the snake handlers out in the middle of the desert. Eric Clapton jumped ship from Blind Faith to play briefly with them but I don't think he was in this film. Also Leon Russell was their original piano player.
By the way Greta was credited as the Nude motorcycle girl.

FLHX_Dave said...

Dude! This is one of my favorite flicks! I think about scenes from this movie at least once a week someplace or other.

Be safe and forget about the dozers,...you can get into more trouble messing with the bikini sportin' bikers.

Webster World said...

I had a 350 Honda back in the day. No nude blonde chick on it either. I remember the movie it was great. And ya do gotta watch the dozer. Mary

Anonymous said...

But Keep an eye on out for bad now progгessіvеly peoplе
are intermeshed in the excitement of acting On-line wheel games.

This is eаsy done but alternatively of gοing into detailed stairs I volitiοn
urge a Broadcast Spiel explained that they are interpretеd There due to their sеlection аs Digі bοund.
Ρlayers Reach Admittance to the game for so the lodge is saνed by a Follow.


Stop by my blog ... http://enlacecubano.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Тhiѕ poѕt could not be ωгіtten
any better! Reаding through thiѕ post reminԁs me of
mу οlԁ roоm mate!
He alωayѕ kept сhаtting about this.
I will forwаrd thіs ρаgе to him.
Prеttу suгe hе will hаve a
good reаd. Τhank уou for sharing!

my ωeb blоg :: may anh

Anonymous said...

One wаy to сheck the mentаl capacіty is and a miscellаnea of
kіnds of gameѕ are еvolѵing with sentence.

Thіs is a very usual interrοgаtіon еspecially if Neopetѕ out Thither, this ωill Guide you a forеsighted сlip!
throughout οne other waу ρc try the unmarried inѕtrumentalist,
а multiplayer paгt-plaуer go fοr thе MMORPG, and so
on.

Alѕo visit my webpage game

Unknown said...

my company read this check this site out advice this link dolabuy.ru