Friday, August 1, 2008

Miracle Noodle Spaghetti / Meatball (Low Carb)

As some of you know I have been stationed up here in Cleveland since Nov 2007 for a new job, we are in the process of moving as soon as we sell the house in Pinehurst NC. Anyway, since my relo I have managed to put on 32 pounds and my riding leather no longer fits. After buying a new jacket and slowly starting to grow out of that I said enough is enough. I am in my 2nd week of Induction on the Atkins diet. Two days to go and I already shed 9 pounds. Not wanting to put any back on before my trip to Milwaukee (were I will enter into a week long carb fest) I convinced Renie to try making some NO CARB spaghetti & meatballs. Well - All in all it ain't bad if you eat it with the lights off it taste pretty damn good!


Start out with Miracle Noodles (Asian plant substrate that has no calories, no carbs, and no taste or beauty) Rinse well and try to hide it on the bottom.
Renie made some NO CARB meatballs that actually ROCKED!!! They taste like the real thing even though they had no breadcrumbs.
Next she flavor enhanced some stew tomatoes with a blend of 27 herbs and spices. And there we have a delicious Carb Free Pasta dish that was pretty darn tasty. Not fancy but it hit the spot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks delicious! wow...9 lbs in the first two weeks! that is amazing. i need to do that.

Ann said...

We did Atkins for a while, and were very successful. I haven't tried the Miracle Noodles as we use whole wheat pasta, which definitely has improved in the last few years. The sauce looks great, as well as the meatballs!

Nice job on losing 9 lbs...it ain't easy! Keep it up!